Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion. There are further special provisions which apply to the collection of some personal information which is known as sensitive information. This includes health information and information about a persons' race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
Collection of personal information by us
InterPark are required to collect personal information. The kinds of personal information we collect and store may include (amongst other things):
- personal information you give us when you request a product or service from us. This information may include your intended travel dates, place of departure
- personal information you give us when you make a Booking/Payment. This information may include your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, credit card details
- communications between you and us
- transactional information about your use of our products and services (for example your feedback on your parking )
Where your personal information is stored
Where InterPark store your personal information depends on what products and services you have requested from us. However, some areas may include (amongst other things):
- Our booking system for use of processing transactions, providing confirmations, being aware of any special requirements and confirming identity
- Feedback databases for processing customer feedback
- Email databases for marketing purposes
How your personal information is stored
How your personal information will be used
InterPark collect your personal information so that InterPark can use it for InterPark functions and activities, which include, amongst other things:
- processing your Booking/Payment;
- being aware of any special travel requirements you may have;
- providing you with confirmation of your Booking/Payment and advising you of any changes;
- confirming your identity when you check in;
- addressing any feedback or complaints you may have;
- answering any queries you may have; and
- any purposes for which it was requested and directly related purposes, and developing, improving and marketing our products and services.
Exchange of personal information with third parties
Personal information InterPark collect from you may be disclosed:
- to any entity to which InterPark are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, courts, various other government bodies);
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- to InterPark business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- to InterPark professional advisors and other contractors (for example IT consultants and mailing houses); or
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
InterPark may also obtain personal and other information from some or all of the above to enable InterPark to provide InterPark services or products to you. When InterPark obtain personal and other information from third parties whom InterPark are referred to by you, InterPark will assume and you will ensure that you have made that third party aware of the referral of the persons and purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
Use and disclosure of personal information by us
If InterPark use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the "secondary purpose") other the main reason for which it was originally collected (the "primary purpose"), to the extent required by law, InterPark will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that InterPark would use or disclose your information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
Collection of information other than personal information
If you visit InterPark website, some of the information InterPark and/or our contractors collect about your visit to our website is not personal information because it does not reveal your identity. Information of this nature can include: Site visit information
- When you visit InterPark website, InterPark and/or InterPark contractors collect general information about your visit which may include your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the information you downloaded and the type of Internet browser you used.
- InterPark and/or InterPark contractors may use this information in anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes only, to assist InterPark in improving the quality and usability of InterPark website.
- A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies InterPark and/or InterPark contractors use may identify individual users.
- Cookies can either be "persistent" or "session" based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and are mainly for the user's convenience. Session cookies are short-lived and are held on your browser's memory only for the duration of your session, they are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
- InterPark and/or InterPark contractors may use both session and persistent cookies. This information may be used to personalise your current visit to InterPark and InterPark contractors' websites. Upon closing your browser, the session cookie is destroyed.
- Most Internet browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used. However, rejecting cookies may limit the functionality of InterPark website.
Access and correction of your personal information
You can ask to obtain access to your personal information that InterPark and/or InterPark contractors hold, although under some circumstances permitted by law, InterPark may not provide such information to you. Also, InterPark may not be able to require InterPark contractors to provide personal information to you. InterPark may ask you to put your request in writing and pay a reasonable fee levied by InterPark for this. It is important t InterPark that the personal information InterPark hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you are aware that this is not case and would like your personal information corrected, or simply desire access to your personal information, please contact InterPark If InterPark decide not to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, InterPark will give you our reasons for our decision.
Site Security Policy
InterPark website uses up-to-date technology to maximise the security of your personal information. Technology such as Secure Site Certificates and Secure Socket Layers ensure your information is secure as possible. We use a Thawte Secure Site Certificate to protect your personal information.
If you have a complaint about the way InterPark have dealt with your personal information, please contact InterPark InterPark will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your complaints or requests.
Please contact InterPark if you have any queries about the personal information that InterPark hold about you or the way InterPark handle that personal information.